|Pile of bones cupcake, as made by EJ|
As with the other Halloween cupcake designs, you can find my recipe for vanilla cupcakes and buttercream here.
To decorate the cupcakes you will need:
|Click on image above for a larger view of the step-by-step process|
1) Dust your surface with a little cornflour if needed. Roll small pieces of the white sugar paste into cylinders approximately 3.5cm long.
2) Press the edge of a cocktail stick gently into either end of each cylinder to create an impression. Using your index finger, gently roll each bone so that it becomes a little narrower in the centre. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have as many bones as you need.
3) Leave the bones to set.
4) To make the dome on top of the cupcake, place a heaped tablespoonful of buttercream on top of the cupcake. Smooth into a dome shape using your pallet knife.
5) Roll out the black sugar paste to a thickness of approximately 3mm, use the 8cm cutter to cut out a circle.
6) Lift the circle and lay it over the buttercream dome, smoothing the sides down evenly with your hands.
7) Pile the bones on top of each cupcake.
Repeat this process for each cake, it really couldn't be easier :)
Watch out for the remaining two Halloween cupcake tutorials, coming very soon...